Wayfair Canada is one of the world’s largest online destinations for home shopping. At Wayfair Canada, the thought is that everyone should live in a home they love. So they have combined both technology and innovation to make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more! Since it’s launch in Canada, Wayfair has put old Canadian Home Decor firms on notice all over the country.
Sounds exciting, but there’s more good news. The heighten your shopping experience, we’ve broken down 10 tips to know before shopping at Wayfair Canada so that re-inventing your home is just as easy on your pocket.
From product discovery to final delivery, use these hacks when you go furniture shopping:
10 Tips To Know Before Shopping at Wayfair Canada
TIP 1: It’s better to shop at the Canadian Site
Why should you shop at the Canadian site and not the American version? Because most orders at Wayfair receive free shipping on orders over $75 Canadian! And, you won’t incur any additional duties or taxes! They will share all over Canada, from Vancouver to Winnipeg.
Here’s how it works:
- A flat shipping rate of $8.99 applies for orders under $75.
- Orders over $75 qualify for FREE shipping
Along with the price of an item being an indicator of free shipping, Wayfair Canada also messages you with “FREE Shipping” wherever it applies. Keep an eye out for it underneath the price of the product while browsing and next to the image(s) on the product page.
The only cases when shipping is not free under $75:
- Additional fees or shipping restrictions may apply if you live in a remote area. As always, you will be notified of the surcharge upon entry of your postal code.
- Shipping constraints are tough on everyone – so non-standard items such as flooring or specific large fixtures might not be eligible for free shipping.
- Aside from any shipping costs, your order may be subject to sales taxes. Wayfair Canada is required to charge these based on specific state and local tax rates.
- Lastly, if by any case your order does not qualify for free shipping, any associated shipping costs will be listed in “Cart”, alongside the pricing details, and during checkout – so you’ll definitely know when there’s no free shipping.
TIP 2: Wayfair rewards
In case you didn’t know, Wayfair will pay you just for introducing your friends to their website! With every new friend who uses your referral email link, you can save $10 off of your friend’s purchase, meanwhile, you’ll earn $10 off of your next purchase.
TIP 3: Product reviews can go a LONG way
It’s a general rule of shopping to check out the reviews because honest feedback from other customers can go a long way. Wayfair’s community of shoppers delivers exactly that and you can rely on these reviews before buying anything both, online and at the store.
Sounds like too much? Well, not only does doing your homework(reading reviews) before shopping help with decision making, you get bonus points when a product meets, or doesn’t meet your expectations. Every time you submit a review you’re entered into a draw for a $500 Wayfair gift card.
Pro Tip: Although gift cards don’t expire at Wayfair, you can only use your Wayfair.ca gift card on the Wayfair.ca site. You cannot use this gift card on our sites in the US, Germany, or the UK.
TIP 4: Ask for a custom quote from Wayfair
Unable to find what you are looking for on our website?
Wayfair’s customer services meet all your needs so much that if you can’t find the exact item you’re searching for on their website, simply request a quote! By doing you are unable to find what you are looking for, many Wayfair’s manufacturers will build custom pieces to meet your exact style and specifications.
What a cool way to furnish several rooms of your home, office, or school- exactly how you want it! If you have questions, give them a call at (800) 508-1737, their trained staff is ready to help you now.
If you already have a quote for something custom made, just log into your account and place your order instantly!
TIP 5: Deals and savings
- Since you’re here to look for deals and savings, shop at the Closeout Deals on the Wayfair website, under “Sale” next to “My Account and Orders”. Here you can shop for deep discounts on overstock and discontinued products. The prices of merchandise marked down in this section are fantastic!
- Also for deals, be sure to check out DontPayFull to find Wayfair coupons or promotion codes.
- One of the best deals you can make is to pay in installments using PayBright.
PayBright lets you buy now and pay in installments with 3, 12, or 24 monthly payments. Use the convenience of automatic monthly payments with no hidden costs and no surprises. You’ll see your monthly payment amount before you confirm your payment plan, so you’ll know exactly what you owe up front. PayBright payment plans are available to Canadian residents above the age of majority, which is 18 or 19, depending on your province.
- How do you use PayBright?
- Add items to your Cart as usual, and select PayBright as your payment method in Checkout.
- Complete PayBright’s easy online application and get an instant approval decision.
- Confirm your payment plan with PayBright and return to Wayfair to complete your order. We’ll process and ship your order as usual.
- Make 3, 12, or 24 monthly payments to PayBright while you enjoy your new item!
In order to pay monthly, PayBright will help you set up convenient, pre-authorized payments via your bank account or your Visa or Mastercard credit / debit card. PayBright financing is applied to your entire order. If you want to use PayBright for only half of your purchase, please complete two separate transactions with different payment methods.
- How do returns work with PayBright?
Purchases made using PayBright financing are subject to Wayfair’s standard return policy. Any returns will be processed by Wayfair, and your PayBright loan balance will be reduced or cancelled accordingly. If you have already made monthly payments, those will be refunded to you by PayBright.
TIP 6: Know your return policy
Just in case you’re not satisfied with your purchase, Wayfair offers a generous 30-day return policy. You can choose between a refund in store credit or a refund to your original payment method (minus return shipping costs). They also offer pickup services for an additional fee.
Keep this in mind, as the cost of shipping large and heavy furniture pieces will not be cheap!
A few items can’t be returned, including:
- Gift cards
- Personalized items
- Items marked “Non-Returnable” on the sale page
- Items purchased as part of a bundle at a discounted rate, e.g. “5 for $25” (unless the entire bundle is returned)
The Wayfair Mattress Return Policy
Every mattress comes with a 100-Night Free Trial. Try your new mattress for up to 100 nights, and if you’re not in love, contact them to arrange a free return. You can return or exchange a mattress once per order.
The Wayfair Large Appliance Return Policy
You can return a large appliance within 30 days of delivery as long as it hasn’t been installed and is returned in the original packaging. In rare cases, you might have to pay the manufacturer’s restocking fee. When your appliance arrives, please take the following steps:
1) Check the box for damage.
2) Make sure the product name and model number match your order confirmation.
3) Remove the packaging and inspect the appliance.
If you receive the wrong item or it arrives damaged, don’t accept the delivery. Tell your delivery representative(s) and contact Wayfair so we can arrange for a replacement. Once your appliance is installed, it can’t be returned.
Extended Holiday Return Policy
You have until January 31 to return items purchased between November 1 and December 31.
TIP 7: Use idea boards
Make decorating a room from scratch easier with Wayfair Idea Boards. When inspiration takes over, it makes the job of designing so easy because now you can see what you like! Ideas for each room of your home, need different products but the good news is you can create separate boards for each room. When you’re ready to commit to a design scheme, add the products to your shopping cart and checkout!
TIP 8: Wayfair emails
One of the easiest ways to save money is to subscribe to Wayfair Canada emails in order to receive coupons, sale alerts, inventory updates and notifications when an item you’ve saved to your Idea Board drops in price.
TIP 9: Wayfair customer service
Wayfair Canada goes above and beyond for their customers and offers genuine customer services, to ensure a pleasant shopping experience. If you are unhappy with an order or product, please contact Wayfair to get help ASAP.
Please keep in mind that the more details you provide about your order to the Customer Service Team, the better they can help you. Many customers like the online chat support for the quickest method to reaching a resolution.
TIP 10: Wayfair pricing for business customers
If you are a designer, event planner and business owner, you can register as a business customer under Wayfair Professional on the website. By doing so you receive special pricing on select items site wide. These are the benefits of going Pro:
- FREE shipping over CAD $49*
- New Sales, Every Day
- Commercially Rated Products
- Top Brands & Business Exclusives
- Dedicated Industry Experts
- Complimentary Design Services