After the pandemic, a lot of us want to watch Hulu in Canada. However, Canadians can’t access Hulu Canada and there is no word on when it will become available. Now, let’s say you’re a US expat and meeting your in-laws or friends or even a tourist in Canada. You still can’t access it. But fear not. In this article, we show you how to get Hulu using the help of a VPN so you can watch all the top TV shows and movies such as Castle Rock, The Handmaid’s Tale, as well as latest hits such as Palm Springs. We also talk about how to get a Hulu subscription without using the foreign payment method.
Hulu Canada: Stream In Canada With 2 Easy Steps
To stream Hulu in Canada you need to get a:
- Get a VPN (a virtual private network connection)
- Get a Hulu subscription
Step 1: VPN
To get a VPN to watch Hulu in Canada.
- Download and create a login for a VPN. Most used brands are PureVPN, Surfshark, ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
- Open the VPN app and sign in.
- Now connect to the USA server from the list.
- Go to the Hulu website or app, sign-in to your account, and you’re done!
Once your VPN connection is established, you still need a Hulu subscription before you can enjoy their shows online. For a non US resident, getting a Hulu subscription can be a little tricky. To make things easy, ask a friend or a relative who lives in the US to buy the subscription for you. If not, you can see the steps mentioned in the following section to get your own Hulu subscription.
Step 2: Get a Hulu Canada subscription (For Non-Us)
Creating a Hulu subscription outside of the USA is a little tricky, you need a US payment method like American Express or US PayPal account. But if you don’t have any of these options, you can try the following:
- Use a VPN to create a US PayPal account.
- All you need to do is connect to a US server and signup for Paypal.
- Use your Canadian credit card for the US PayPal account. Just make sure that your credit card isn’t linked to another PayPal account.
- For the zip code, remove the letters from your Canadian zip code and add two “zeroes” at the end. For e.g. if your zip code is C2C3C4, remove the letters and add the zeroes. It should look like this, 23400.
- For the address, Google the zip code and copy any residential you can find.
- Create a virtual prepaid card.
- For the purpose of this example, we’ll use Satescard.com to get a Hulu subscription in Canada. Go to Satescard.com and click on the orange sign up box.
- Enter your email address and set up a password and click on the purple sign up box.
- You will receive a verification link in your inbox. Click on that link to verify your account.
- Provide your driver license, National ID or passport from your country to confirm your identity
- Load funds with your credit card or PayPal account
- Start using your StatesCard to get a Hulu account in Canada.
- Buy a Hulu gift card from ebay.com.
- You will get a code in the email, use that to sign up for Hulu’s subscription.
- Make sure that you’ve connected your VPN before you sign up. Your virtual location should be in the USA, otherwise your signup process will fail!
- Ask your American friend or family member to get a Hulu subscription.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
How to choose the best VPN to watch Hulu Canada?
One major factor while taking into consideration is speed because that matters a lot. But other factors such as the ones below are also important:
- Strong security and usage of encryption
- Can it establish more than one connection at the same time?
- Large number of servers for streaming geo-block content in the desired country
- Can it connect to several devices simultaneously?
- Can it leave off hackers, ISPs, and advertisers behind?
What are the best VPNs to watch Hulu Canada?
If you’re going to buy a VPN to watch Hulu in Canada – know that you need to get the RIGHT one. Since not all of them are the best for bypassing Hulu’s restrictions. here’s our list of some of the best VPN services:
(all of the services below offer 30-day money-back guarantee)
ExpressVPN is known for its high-speed performance and MediaStreamer feature to unblock geo-blocked VODs like Hulu in Canada.
It offers the fastest US servers in 20+ locations to access your favorite American streaming services in Canada. With ExpressVPN, almost in the blink of an eye. you can unlock any US-based streaming service in Canada or anywhere abroad.
You can access Hulu or any of your favorite geo-blocked content on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Firestick through ExpressVPN apps and browser extensions.
Surfshark is a reputable pocket-friendly VPN that reliably unblocks Hulu in Canada. It offers a large number of US servers in multiple locations that are speedy enough to access Hulu in Canada.
NordVPN is the next choice to watch Hulu in Canada. With its 1800+ servers in the USA, you can access Hulu and other popular streaming services in Canada.
This provider offers SmartPlay that robustly unblocks geo-restricted streaming content such as Hulu in Canada without any buffering lag.
And there is no restriction on which device you can use this VPN to access your favorite TV shows and movies as it supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple TV, Android, iOS, Roku, and Firestick.
PrivateVPN is a recent member of the VPN industry that is known for its pre-configured application for streaming geo-block content like Hulu in Canada. Despite offering multiple servers in different countries, this provider offers servers depending on which streaming service you want to access.
When is Hulu coming to Canada?
Hulu has discussed expanding globally but there is no official timeline given by the streaming provider. Therefore, it is not clear when Canada will receive access to the streaming platform. Until the official announcements come out, a VPN can help you bypass all online restrictions and access Hulu in Canada easily.
Can I sign up for Hulu in Canada?
Yes, you can. As we’ve mentioned above(2 step process) you need to do two things: get a VPN connection and change your virtual location to the US. Without doing this, you will not be able to sign up for Hulu Canada.
Why can’t I get Hulu in Canada?
Accessing Hulu in Canada is impossible due to locational limitations. Without hiding your Canadian IP address, you will not be able to forgo the restrictions implemented by your ISP.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada in 2020?
VPNs can be a bit costly but if there’s one path you shouldn’t go through – it’s accessing Hulu through a free VPN. Below, we explain why this is a bad approach:
- Most of these free servers are actually blacklisted by Hulu.
- They don’t use encryption at all! This means your online activity is at risk while using a free VPN service.
- To run a VPN service, it requires a huge amount of money. And these free VPNs raise money by selling your data to online advertising companies and surveillance agencies.
- A limited number of servers – which makes these VPN services not fast at all.
- The chances of being infected with malware are quite high as these free VPN providers don’t ensure what’s coming your way – a valid packet of data or a malware.
Lastly, with the provision of hundreds of servers across the United States and blazing fast speeds, you wouldn’t notice using a VPN at all. Pair it with the ability to establish multiple connections, use it with multiple devices, and a money-back guarantee – it’s a win-win situation! With these VPNs, you can also watch American Netflix, HBO MAX, Sling TV, VH1, YouTube TV, US Amazon Prime, and more.