If you are planning to apply for Canadian citizenship, you have visited the right post today. In this post, you will learn about how to prepare for the Canadian citizenship test and how to become eligible for Canadian citizenship. Let’s get started without making any delay!
For Canadian citizenship, you need to –
- Pass in the Canadian citizenship test.
- Obtain a proficiency level of 4 in either French or English.
- Live in Canada for a minimum of 5 years.
- File income tax for a minimum of 3 years.
- Be in Canada as a permanent resident.
To become a Canadian citizen, adults between the age group 18 to 54 should pass the Canadian citizenship test. The test is designed to help people get an idea of the rights and obligations that come with becoming a Canadian citizen, such as voting. During this test, they will also check whether you have good knowledge of Canadian civics, history, government, and culture. Subjects which will be covered are –
- Canadian symbols
- Canadian history
- The Monarchy
- Political System
- Duties and rights of Canadian citizens
You must practise a lot to pass the Canadian citizenship test on your first attempt. There are some useful websites like Citizenship Canadian where you can find the practise tests. These practise tests will help you pass your test easily, on your first attempt. Enroll your details on their website for the full preparation course. No doubt, you will definitely find this course useful.
Use these practise tests as much as possible to gain some confidence and to clear the test successfully. The best part about these practise tests is, you need not go anywhere to access them. In fact, you can take these tests simply from your home at any time. This means, you can save a lot of time and money.
How to prepare for your Canadian citizenship Interview?
Be aware of the time and location of your interview. Make a note of the date on your calendar and confirm that you will be able to attend. Set a reminder and start early from your home with all the necessary documents. Doing this will help you arrive at the interview location in time.
How to prepare for the Canadian Citizenship Test?
- Apart from taking the help of the practise tests, you can take the quiz or knowledge tests online. This helps you gain better knowledge on the above topics.
- Focus more on areas that you feel are difficult to remember or understand. Take a piece of paper and make a list of topics that you have to focus on more. Now start learning about them until you feel confident about yourself.
When giving your main test, make sure that you don’t rush. Read the questions carefully and then answer. Otherwise, you might end up answering wrong to some of those questions, which can make you fail your test. Keep your mind peaceful when giving your test for better results. In fact, you must avoid thinking about unnecessary things when giving your test.