At a glance, makeup chairs may look the same (like those director’s chairs that you see often), but there are more professional options on the market. If you’re a budding makeup artist and want to take this career path seriously, you need to invest in high-quality products beyond your vanity. This includes a mirror, storage, and makeup chairs with headrest.
Why do makeup artists specifically need one with a headrest? Professional makeup chairs have more technical features that make them more ergonomic, versatile, and durable. Since some clients will sit for long hours getting their hair and makeup done, it’s important to make sure they’re comfortable throughout the day.
How to Spot a Good Makeup Chair
Take a moment to list down (on a paper or in your head) some points to consider when choosing a chair before you open multiple tabs for different online stores. Doing so can help you narrow down options that will give you more bang for your buck without sacrificing quality.
- Stability – You don’t want a wobbly chair that would get in the way of a perfect makeup application, which is why you need one that’s made from a strong material. It needs to have a firm grip on the floor to prevent slipping and sliding, especially when the client moves a lot.
- Portability – A lightweight makeup chair makes it easier for you or your staff to carry it around wherever you go. Whether you’re working in a studio or an outdoor set, having a portable makeup chair is more efficient in the long run.
- Adjustability – An adjustable makeup chair allows you to change the height so that you’re working at eye level. Being in a comfortable position while working means less back pain and fatigue.
- Headrest – This feature isn’t just for office chairs; professional makeup chairs can benefit from headrests, too. The height can be customized to your body, giving you the support you need. You’ll save yourself and your client from body aches and other types of discomfort.
Why You Need a Makeup Chair With a Headrest
Posture plays a significant role in productivity, especially in the beauty industry. Hair and makeup professionals spend long hours trying to achieve the perfect look for their clients, so they need to stay focused at all times.
As mentioned above, headrests offer extra support to the client as they get their makeup done. An ergonomic chair provides better posture and alleviates any pressure on different body parts like your shoulders, neck, and back.
Makeup artists also benefit from headrests because they might need to be seated while working on customers. For example, if they have chronic musculoskeletal pain, a makeup chair with a headrest isn’t just ideal; it’s necessary.
Speaking of makeup chairs with headrests here are some brands that you can choose from:
- Makeup chairs with headrest from Lumina Pro are designed to provide the highest level of comfort and functionality for makeup artists. The chair features a fabric seat and backrest, as well as an elevated footrest. It’s lightweight and has an adjustable height, allowing for a more comfortable position while working.
- Professional Makeup Chair with backrest from Inglot provides comfort while creating makeup. It is an ideal equipment for beauty salons, film sets and makeup rooms. Owing to its folded construction and easy installation the chair is convenient and functional in use.
- Professional Makeup Artist Chair with backrest from Beautyfor is easy to install and operate. It’s foldable and lightweight, which enables the makeup artist to relocate the chair easily and without any additional help or effort.
Quality Over Quantity
Whether you’re a professional makeup artist or a beauty enthusiast, investing in quality tools is just as essential. You can have an impressive makeup collection sitting on your vanity, but without proper lighting, chair, and case, you won’t be able to maximize your beauty arsenal’s full potential.
As long as you keep these tips in mind, you won’t have trouble finding the perfect makeup chair for you and your business. Make comfort and durability a priority; we’re confident that our chairs are aesthetically pleasing enough to look fabulous in your vanity. Remember, never sacrifice quality for something that’s ‘simply affordable.’ You’ll realize that going for a high-end chair is more sustainable and will save you more money in the long run.