Helmed by the renowned Project Management Institute, PMP Certification is recognized worldwide as the top certification in Project Management. For aspiring team leaders and project managers across various industries, getting the right Project Management Certification is crucial for top-notch performance, productivity, and overall successful project execution. On the professional front, PMP Training or Project Management Training provides an excellent opportunity for you to hone your leadership skills and chart out a successful career in world-class organizations.
Eligibility for PMP Certification Online
To appear for the PMP Certification Examination, there is a requirement of stipulated number of hours of minimum project management experience as well as number of hours of project management training as part of the PMP certification that you avail. Based on your formal education qualifications, here is a clear look at the eligibility requirements. Please note that the project management experience needs to be non-overlapping, which means that multiple projects overlapping during the same timeline will be counted as one.
|Formal Degree||Minimum Project Management Experience||Minimum Project Management Training Received|
|High School/Associate Degree||60 months||35 hours|
|Graduation/4-years Professional Degree||36 months||35 hours|
|Post Graduation or Global Equivalent||24 months||35 hours|
A Closer Look at Project Management Certification Content
The 3 main domains of PMP Training Syllabus include People, Process and Business Environment
|People (42% Weightage)||Process (50% Weightage)||Business Environment (8% Weightage)|
|Under People, the PMP Certification Content focuses on:- Conflict ManagementTeam LeadingTeam PerformanceEmpowerment of Team Members and StakeholdersTeam Building and TrainingProject NegotiationRemoving Project BarriersCollaboration and UnderstandingVirtual TeamsGround RulesPerformance Assessment MentoringBoosting the Performance of Team Members.||Under Process, the PMP Certification Content focuses on:- Project Execution, Communications ManagementRisk AssessmentRisk ManagementStakeholders EngagementBudgetary Resources PlanningSchedulingQuality ManagementProject Activities IntegrationManaging Project ChangesProcurement ManagementProject Artefacts ManagementProject MethodologyProject Governance StructurePhasing and Transtions||Under Business Environment, the PMP Certification Content focuses on:- Project Compliance Planning and ManagementEvaluation of Project Value and BenefitsEvaluation of External Changes related to the ProjectHelming Organizational Change|
How to Apply for PMP Exam?
- The first step for PMP Training and eventually appearing for the PMP Certification Exam is to register with the Project Management Institute.
- If you pay the membership fees, your exam fees will be subsidized by the institute. Non-members have to pay a higher examination fees.
- For beginners, it is recommended that you aim at clearing CAPM Certification (Certified Associate in Project Management). Especially if your project management experience is limited, it is ideal that you prepare for this examination first as you will have a high chance of clearing it in one go.
- While submitting your application, you are provided with a wide choice of exam scheduling. Make sure you choose a date that allows you sufficient time to prepare.
- Many Online E-Learning Service Providers assist you with PMP certification online, and guide you step by step. As a working professional, if you don’t have the time to go through the vast PMP syllabus and training modules in depth, you can seek their assistance to focus single-handedly on attaining the certification with shorter, focussed inputs
- As of today, there are a total of 180 questions in the examination and the time limit is 230 minutes. Always take practice tests before attempting the exam to test your timing and gain confidence.
Advantages of PMP Certification
If you are worried about PMP Certification Cost, you will be heartened to know that it is an excellent investment for your career with guaranteed ROI. On the whole, PMP Training is aimed at transforming employees into smart workers. It is not just about hard work, but smartly executed projects that get you to the top. Higher the productivity you bring to your organization as a leader, higher are your prospects of scaling up the corporate ladder. Here’s a look at the multiple advantages of Project Management Certification:-
- Gives you a competitive edge amongst so many management aspirants
- Boosts your chances of working with top-notch organizations
- Earns you a higher salary by enhancing your productivity
- Widens your scope of applying for jobs as a PMP Credential Holder
- Enhances your Professional Networking
- Equips you with the highest Industry Recognition in Project Management
- Increases your chances of landing a job abroad
Certified Project Managers equipped with Project Management Training are in high demand today, and this requirement of project-oriented roles is expected to grow furthermore in the near future. With training modules designed by successful Project Professionals themselves, PMP Certification or PMP Training provides you with the right knowledge and hands-on skills to lead your team, streamline processes, and initiate winning project management strategies for organizational success.