Jennifer Grey’s the actress you know from the classic 1980’s movie staple! Her first film role was in The Cotton Club, but she quickly reached career heights with Dirty Dancing and in the teen cult classic Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. In 1984, before they did Dirty Dancing, she starred in Red Dawn alongside Patrick Swayze. The film was about a Soviet occupation of the United States, focused on the political tensions of the time. The film was largely popular and gave them the recognition they needed to later rejoin for Dirty Dancing. In the mega successful movie Dirty Dancing, Jennifer played the iconic Baby Houseman and audiences had the time of their lives watching her fall for her dance instructor. She was nominated for a Golden Globe award for her role.
Jennifer Grey: Biography Of The Famous 80s Star From Dirty Dancing
Was Jennifer Grey ever in friends, Did Jennifer Grey play Mindy on friends?
Jennifer Grey appeared in one episode of Friends as Mindy, a high school friend of Rachel Green. Rachel Green was played by the Golden Globe winning actress: Jennifer Aniston. In the episode, the two high school friends reunite in New York after Rachel Green runs away from her marriage, and has to come to terms with her old friend marrying the man she ran away from.
Was Jennifer Grey a dancer?
Actress Jennifer Grey was born on March 26, 1960, in New York, New York. The daughter of actor-dancer Joel Grey and singer Jo Wilder, she grew up surrounded by music and dance! Since show business runs in her family, the actress became an eternal dance icon after she did a very convincing job of portraying an adolescent who falls for a dance instructor at the resort played by Patrick Swayze. Some of her dance moves were quite tough and the filmmakers must’ve been glad that she didn’t get injured while performing them. her personal injury lawyers might’ve helped Grey earn a large compensation if she got injured.
During Dirty Dancing, Jennifer Grey was only 27 years of age. The actress later went on to dance in the reality show Dancing With the Stars (2010). At 49 years of age, the dancer ended up winning Dancing With the Stars and made a huge comeback in her then diminishing career!
Did Jennifer Grey win Dancing with the Stars?
In 2010, Grey and partner Derek Hough won season 11 of Dancing with the Stars.
The 50-year-old actress was named the winner of Dancing With the Stars after beating out actor Kyle Massey and voting favorite Bristol Palin to take the title on the 11th season of ABC’s reality competition.
Before she would go on to appear on Dancing with the Stars, Grey had a physical examination to ensure that she was fit enough to compete and saw a doctor to address chronic neck problems caused by the car crash years before. The doctors discovered that her spinal cord was compressed and her surgeon placed a titanium plate in her neck to stabilize it. In 2010 they also found a suspicious white spot on her thyroid via MRI. The nodule was cancerous and was removed. Jennifer Grey has stated she believes the cancer was caught before it metastasized and that she is now cancer-free.
Does Jennifer Grey still act?
It’s been around thirty years since Dirty Dancing came out since it’s showing in 1987. Jennifer Grey is now 59, and she still looks surprisingly young. She’s the actress who played the iconic Baby Houseman in the Dirty Dancing film, and audiences had the time of their lives watching her fall madly in love with her dance instructor. She was nominated for a Golden Globe award for this role. After Dirty Dancing Jennifer Grey played Jennie Bueller, the jealous sister of Ferris Bueller portrayed by Matthew Broderick in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Her acting career was a little slower in the 90s here is what she’s been upto since then:
- Jennifer Grey appeared with Shirley MacLaine, Liza Minnelli, and Kathy Bates in the CBS television movie The West Side Waltz, adapted by Ernest Thompson from his play.
- She appeared in one episode of Friends as Mindy, a high school friend of Jennifer Aniston’s character Rachel.
- She had a small role in the 2000 film Bounce with Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck.
- In 2007, Jennifer Grey played the role of Daphne on the HBO series John from Cincinnati.
2010 to 2019:
- In 2010, she played Abbey, the mother of a sick child in the season seven House episode “Unplanned Parenthood”.
- She won the US version of Dancing With The Stars in 2010, partnered with professional actor Derek Hough. Grey came out very strong at first, frequently topping the leaderboard and staying safe from elimination. However, injuries, stress, and exhaustion took their toll on Jennifer Grey’s body and for a couple of weeks she fell behind. During her seventh week, she improved and even tied with previous frontrunner Brandy Norwood. On November 23, 2010, Jennifer Grey and her partner Hough won the competition.
- In September 2011 Grey appeared in the Lifetime movie Bling Ring as Iris Garvey, the mother of Zack Garvey.
- On November 5 and 6, 2011 Grey was a guest judge on Strictly, Come Dancing standing in for regular judge Len Goodman.
- Grey voiced Mrs. Kurokawa in the English dub version of Hayao Miyazaki’s film, The Wind Rises.
- From 2014 to 2017, Jennifer Grey portrayed Judy Meyers on Red Oaks.
- In 2018, Grey co-starred in the film Untogether; the film was released on February 8, 2019.
What shows did Jennifer Grey play in?
- Friends: She appeared in one episode of Friends as Mindy, a high school friend of Jennifer Aniston’s character Rachel.
- John from Cincinnati: In 2007, Jennifer Grey played the role of Daphne on the HBO series John from Cincinnati.
- House: In 2010, she played Abbey, the mother of a sick child in the season seven House episode “Unplanned Parenthood”.
- Dancing With The Stars: In 2010, Grey and partner Derek Hough won season 11 of Dancing with the Stars. She won the US version of Dancing With The Stars in 2010, partnered with professional actor Derek Hough. She came out very strong at first, frequently topping the leaderboard. However, injuries, stress, and exhaustion took their toll on Grey, and for a couple of weeks she fell behind. In week seven, however, she improved, tying with previous frontrunner Brandy Norwood. On November 23, 2010, Grey and her partner Hough won the competition.
- Strictly Come Dancing: On November 5 and 6, 2011 Grey was a guest judge on Strictly Come Dancing standing in for regular judge Len Goodman.
Did Jennifer Grey star in Grey’s anatomy?
EW once confirmed that Jennifer Grey (the actress from Dirty Dancing) will join Grey’s Anatomy in a secret role. While watching the Grey’s Anatomy episode: “I Walk The Line,” you may have felt that a certain newcomer felt a little familiar. Was it her iconic curly hair that gave it away? Or was it the image of dancing a handsome blonde gentleman would arrive to spin her around to the tune of “The Time of My Life”? Yes, the Dirty Dancing star Jennifer Grey indeed graced Grey’s Anatomy with her presence.
When the trailer for “I Want A New Drug” was dropped it confirmed that the 1980s icon Grey isn’t leaving Grey’s anytime soon. Things are only going to get more dire for the guest star’s character, Carol Dickinson.
Did Jennifer Grey get a nose job?
If you’re wondering what looks different in Jennifer Grey’s appearance, besides her growing older, it’s her famous nose job which she underwent in the early 90s. Just before Dirty Dancing was released, Jennifer Grey was involved in a serious accident. She and then-boyfriend, actor Matthew Broderick, were involved in a car crash in Ireland. Mathew Broderick, who was driving, suffered a broken leg but sadly the rest of the passengers in the other car were killed.
After the accident, strong reviews for Dirty Dancing kept Jennifer Grey’s film career going but it would soon stall. During the early 1990s, Grey made a career-altering decision to have plastic surgery done on her nose. She has said that she wanted a minor change, but the results were not subtle at all: going under the knife rendered her nearly unrecognizable.
Jennifer has often stated that she regrets getting the procedure, as it completely changed her whole face. In an interview in 2012, she said: “I went into the operating room a celebrity and came out anonymous. It was the nose job from hell. I’ll always be this once-famous actress nobody recognises because of a nose job.”
Jennifer Grey decided to poke fun at herself in the short-lived ABC sitcom “It’s Like, You Know”. She made the 1999 television series, even starring as herself but comedy lasted for two seasons. What drew her to doing this was to satirize her much-publicized nose job as a running gag. It ran till 2000 when she chose to drop out and appear in Bounce, the 2000 film starring Ben Affleck and Gwyneth Paltrow. In 2010, Grey participated in the eleventh season of Dancing with the Stars. Despite initial physical setbacks, Jennifer Grey was crowned the champion of the show.
What is Jennifer Grey net worth?
Jennifer Grey, the American actress has a net worth of $10 million. The eighties actress has accumulated her net worth through her many acting roles in films, television series, Broadway and for appearances on the reality show Dancing with the Stars.
What ethnicity is Jennifer Grey?
Jennifer Grey is an American
How tall is Jennifer Grey?
The actress is 1.6 m in height.
How old is Jennifer Grey now?
Jennifer Grey is currently 59 years old as she was born on 26 March 1960.
Who is Jennifer Grey married to?
After having been romantically linked to actors such as Matthew Broderick, Billy Baldwin and Johnny Depp, Grey married actor Clark Gregg in 2001. Later that year, the couple’s daughter Stella was born.
Are Jennifer Grey and Clark Gregg still married?
Jennifer is currently married to actor Clark Gregg, who plays Agent Coulson in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the TV spin-off Agents of Shield. A lot of that series was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. They are happily married and have a daughter named Stella.
Does Jennifer Grey have a daughter?
Yes, she has a daughter named Stella Gregg. Stella’s parents are Jennifer Grey and Clark Gregg. Clark Gregg has been married since July 21, 2001, to actress Jennifer Grey; the couple co-starred in the Lifetime TV movie Road to Christmas. They have a daughter Stella, born December 3, 2001. He is a sober alcoholic, and describes himself as a member of a Jewish family (his wife is Jewish). He has a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
How old is Stella Gregg?
Stella Gregg is 18 years and was born on 3 December 2001. Stella Gregg is all grown and has become an amazing actress. She made her acting debut in the 2013 film Trust Me.
How old was Jennifer Grey when she had her daughter?
Jennifer Grey was 27 years old.
Who is Jennifer Grey’s mother?
Jo Wilder is Jennifer Grey’s mother. As a singing actress, she is best known for her long run as Polly in “Threepenny Opera”. Her roles include Peter Pan and Gypsy in regional theatre,”She Loves Me” on Broadway, and Nerissa in “The Merchant of Venice”, among others.
Born in Brooklyn, Jo attended the Neighborhood Playhouse, where she studied under Sanford Meisner and with actors Steve McQueen and Peter Falk. She also acted in Arthur Laurents’ musical, “Gypsy,” at the Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, New Jersey with Julie Wilson and Alfred Sandos in the cast. Gerald Freedman was director.
Who is Jennifer Grey’s father?
Not many people know that she also has a famous family member. Her Father, Joel Grey won Acadamy, Golden Globe, BAFTA and Tony Awards for his role as the Master of Ceremonies in the Musical Cabaret, which starred Liza Minnelli both on Broadway and in the 1972 film version. He’s had other theatre roles in Anything Goes and Wicked, and had a recurring role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Doc.